Thursday, October 25, 2007

Why I want to be a Teacher...

So I have read this forward several times before, but this time it really hit hard. My professor showed it to us in class last night. I fought the tears for a while, but as Cassandra and Megan saw-- they came out! The quote I love was "on that very day, she quit teaching reading, writing, and arithmetic and instead began teaching children."

Tonight Elizabeth and I were talking about the community in her classroom and how she is so excited it. The thing I love about E is the encouragement I get from just listening to her talk. She is really a great teacher and someone I strive to be like when I teach.

I want teaching to be more than a job for me, I want it my career. I don't want to leave my kids at school when I walk out the door; I want to think about how I can help each student grow.


1 comment:

Annie said...

You are going to be a great teacher! I hope Hannah gets to have you. :)

Hello, Again!!

Hey there lovelies! Miss me? HA! JK!! I did miss writing and venting and getting feelings out, hence the reason I'm back. I've ha...